Sunday, July 5, 2020

Introduction to the Cooperstown Advocate

THE COOPERSTOWN ADVOCATE




    Hello, my name is Damien, and I am a baseball enthusiast. The Cooperstown Advocate is a blog on all of baseball’s best players who were denied recognition to the Hall of Fame (in Cooperstown, New York). I will include all of the players that I believe are worthy of such a great honor, but if I leave anyone important out please let me know. You can also vote on my articles as to which players you agree with and which players you disagree with, in case I decide to publish all of my articles in a book. I will exclude suspected* or admitted steroid users and players who broke other rules (such as betting on games or even throwing them) on account of the scandals they were a part of. Baseball is supposed to be clean and fun, and you can’t give everlasting fame to a crook. I hope you like my blog. It was fun for me to research and write, and I hope that you enjoy reading it! 


*If you find out that a suspected PED user was judged wrongly, please let me know so that I can consider their numbers and career accomplishments for an upcoming article. 


NOTES

-Players will be released twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, starting on July 6, 2020. 

-If a player is retired less than ten years without ever appearing on a Hall of Fame ballot, he will be excluded, but if he was on a ballot but failed to be inducted, or was retired ten or more years ago without appearing on a ballot, he may be included (not counting the Eras Committee). 

-In order to not leave anybody out, I will be advocating for a lot of players with borderline Hall of Fame cases, so if I pick somebody who may seem somewhat average or obscure, I'm not a crazy nut.

-If you find out that one of the players that I advocated for threw games or cheated with steroids or a corked bat, please let me know. 

-I will give a slight favor to players who fought for our country in times of war. 

-A player has to have been active for at least nine seasons (Addie Joss made Cooperstown in nine, the fewest of any player). 

-At the bare minimum, non-pitchers have to have at least 1,000 career hits and 3,000 career at bats. 

-A starting pitcher is required to have at least 100 wins and 1,000 innings pitched, and a closer won’t be considered unless he earned at least 100 saves. 

-All relief pitchers with at least 300 career saves and an ERA under 3.00 who are inactive and not still on the Hall of Fame ballot will be written about before this blog is through.

-Players who used illegal drugs will be completely ignored.

-for seasonal lows in ERA, I will include season lows for ERA Title qualifiers. If a pitcher never qualifies (relievers), then I will include his all time season low.

-After I send in all of my posts for the deserving players not in the Hall of Fame, I will have a few more posts for honorable mentions, future Hall of Famers, and the undeserving Hall of Famers.

-I will cover each year's Hall of Fame ballot

-If you have any questions, please let me know.

-God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Requiescat In Pace, Whitey Herzog