Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Hey Y'all

Hey... I've been pretty busy lately traveling all over the United States, first to Virginia, then to California, then all the way across Texas for my brother's baseball tournament, so I haven't been able to put much research into longer posts lately. When three of your last four posts are requiems, you know that something is wrong. That said, I'm using this post to try and make my readers keep me accountable and publish a bit more than I have lately. You can't always control your schedule, but you can control your commitment. 
    I've got a really cool post in progress about the pre-pros, the amateur teams from 1857 through 1870. To get your reading palates warmed up, I suggest you read two old posts about Joe Start (https://thecooperstownadvocate.blogspot.com/2020/12/why-i-think-joe-start-should-be-in.html) and Dickey Pearce (https://thecooperstownadvocate.blogspot.com/2022/03/why-i-think-dickey-pearce-should-be-in.html), who were two of the biggest stars of the pre-pro era and carried their success into the first primitive Major Leagues in the 1870's. Hopefully my upcoming post will give everyone a rare and unique look into baseball's earliest days, and the enterprise that made it what it is today. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the pre-pro post! I know very little about that period.

    ReplyDelete

HBP Should Count On WHIP